OUR CHURCH RESPONSE
Our senior leadership team continues to assess updates and make recommendations for our church’s response for continued re-entry plans for worship services and events.
At this point, we are unsure of how long it will take to get things back to normal, so thanks for being patient.
We are continuing to meet for worship services while adhering to social distancing guidelines, rules and hygiene within each venue location.
We will continue to offer the same high-quality online experience too. If you are an at-risk person or simply feel a bit anxious about joining us live, feel free to watch online via our existing methods.
These steps will remain in place:
- Our Thrift Store is open and operating under allowed guidelines.
- Our Weekday Preschool Academy is open and operating under allowed guidelines.
- All adult small groups and Sunday School gatherings are meeting. Some are in different locations to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Sunday night services on campus are meeting using social distancing guidelines.
- We will temporarily halt in person hospital visits and visitations, but will pray with members via phone calls and remote technology.
Coming Back Together – Our deepest desire is to reengage in all church activities (i.e. “normal”). No doubt that the journey back to “normal” may require us to to continue to be patient and flexible. We are continuing to monitor the counsel of key leaders within our church staff and lay leadership to determine the best timing for getting back to “normal”. For now, we encourage you to think about things you are learning during this time and consider all that you are grateful for. Can’t wait for our Church to come back together!
Practice Good Hygiene – Wash hands regularly and avoid shaking hands, hugging and physical contact.
Join Us Live – Join us for live services at 9:15 or 10:40am on Sunday mornings. Please note that we will be adhering to Open Safely guidance and practicing social distancing guidelines, rules and hygiene.
Several key things to know before attending in person:
- Persons who appear ill or have fever will be asked to leave.
- Attendance is limited.
- Seating will be arranged in a way that maintains all social distancing guidance, rules and hygiene.
- Human contact like shaking hands and hugging is not allowed.
- Bathroom access is available.
- Interior gather spaces shall not be used and all waiting will happen outside in lines.
- Doors to the church will not open until approximately 30 mins before service start times and those attending will be required to wait in lines outside the building.
- No gathering or congregating will be allowed during entrance, exit or during movement of lines.
- Crowd managers will be present and we ask for full cooperation with their requests and direction.
- Masks are now required and will be available as supplies last.
- Venues will be sanitized before, in between and after services and will require time before entry into services.
- Entrance and exit of venues will take time, so please expect to wait and thanks ahead of time for you patience!
Watch Online – Enjoy the option of services online too. Several ways to watch:
- Download our App: ITunes here, Google Play here, Amazon App here
- Online here
- FaceBook here
- Vimeo here
- YouTube here
Give Generously – We desire and need your generosity. Several ways to give generously:
- Give at the black box at entrance 3
- Mail to: Summer Grove Baptist Church, 8924 Jewella Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71118
- Online here
- Text SummerGroveGive to 77977
Stay Connected – Check our Summer Grove updates. Several ways to stay connected:
- For the latest info, updates and news, text UPDATE to 318-300-3011
- New to Summer Grove, we’d love to get to know you better and help you find what you’re looking for, text CONNECT to 318-300-3011
- Need prayer, we’d be privileged to pray for you, text PRAY to 318-300-3011
2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” As believers, we have the authority which Christ has given us to pray against the spread of any disease and to pray for healing for those who have the Coronavirus.
- Begin your prayer time by praising God for His sovereignty. He is in control of all things.
- Pray that we will trust Him to help us navigate this season of uncertainty.
- Pray for wisdom for governmental leaders, the CDC, researchers, other medical personnel, leaders in churches, and other strategic places to respond wisely and appropriately.
- Pray for cooperation and collaboration among medical agencies and personnel around the world to work together for the well-being and health of all people.
- Pray for the protection of doctors, nurses, crisis response teams, emergency first responders, researchers and other medical professionals who risk their lives to protect ours.
- Pray for comfort and healing for those stricken with this virus. Pray they will receive the quality health care they need to regain health and strength. Pray their healing and for the vaccine to cure and eradicate this virus.
- Pray for the protection and safety of those considered “at-heightened-risk.”
- Pray for peace, calmness, freedom from fear, anxiety, and panic among individuals and communities.
- Pray we would be proactive in proclaiming the gospel and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Pray this event would be a catalyst for revival.
Last Update 10/23/2020