The College and Career Ministry is for those between the ages of 18 – 24, who are attending College or those recently entering their new careers.
The College and Career Ministry of Summer Grove Baptist Church exists to equip college students and those recently entering their new careers with the tools they need to grow in their relationship with God and each other through Bible studies, small groups, special events and other fun activities. We know this time of life is filled with excitement and opportunity, but can also be a time of confusion and frustration so we strive to make a place to connect with other believers and to seek and find out more information about their faith! And to encourage them to use the gifts God has given them to serve and nurture others in their relationship with the Lord!
Bible Study – Sunday mornings @ 9a.m
We meet in room 16W for Bible Study Class. The purpose of this class is to train and guide our future leaders with the highest education while they are attending college here in Shreveport or beginning their work careers. Ultimately to give them the tools and opportunities to make an impact on our community and world for Christ while college and after graduation.
Mid-Week Study – We meet at 6:30p.m
Wednesdays at Stephen and Shannon Leone’s House (10921 Cornerstone Pl, Keithville). Come for a meal, Bible study, and fellowship. Guests are welcome!
The Passion Conference
Passion has been around since 1997 with a desire to see spiritual awakening come to the college campuses of the nation and the world. The Passion Team is led by Louie Giglio and is committed to spreading the fame of Jesus Christ to the 16+million college students of the nation and countless others around the globe. Passion is specifically for people in the 18 – 25 age range and those who lead them. Each day of the conference consists of Main Sessions with worship and teaching. Students also participate in smaller scale Community Groups where they can process what they are learning at the conference with their peers. And other activities based on the day.
College Scholarship Program
The scholarship program of Summer Grove Baptist Church was implemented to provide financial assistance to students who have committed their lives to full-time Christian service. Applications MUST BE SUBMITTED EACH SEMESTER to the Scholarship Committee no later than the following deadlines Fall semester – July 15 Spring semester – November 15 Summer school – April 15
The following materials must be submitted with each application:
- APPLICATION FORM – Must be submitted ON TIME for consideration. Click Here for the Form.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT – Submit latest official transcript as soon as received.
- STUDENTS STATEMENT – All applicants must submit a written testimony of their salvation with the first application.
- CHRISTIAN VOCATION applicants submit written testimony, including date and place of public commitment to full-time Christian service. Thereafter, a brief progress report must be included with each renewal.
- Applicant shall be or shall have been a member of Summer Grove Baptist Church for at least one year.
- Applicant must be attending a Southern Baptist institution.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in a full-time Christian vocation.
- Grade point average of 2.5 (4.0) scale must be maintained to continue eligibility.
The maximum scholarship granted per semester will be:
Summer school scholarships will be no more than one-half the full-time rate. The amount awarded an applicant shall be determined by financial need, number of applicants, and availability of funds. Payment will be made directly to the institution.
Scholarships are limited as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree – up to 8 semesters as full-time student
- Master of Divinity – up to 6 semesters as full-time student
- All other Master’s degrees – up to 4 semesters as full-time student
- (Part-time status will count as one-half semester)
- Doctoral students are ineligible for scholarships.